For the 2022-2023 academic year, up to three (3) Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships will be awarded to students from Canada for graduate-level studies at Harvard University.
Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships are open to applicants who are:
- citizens or permanent residents of Canada, normally residing in Canada, at the time of application;
- currently enrolled in a first degree (e.g., undergraduate degree) or higher degree (e.g., master’s degree) program at a recognized Canadian educational institution with the intention of graduating before the start of the 2022-2023 academic year (fall term); OR, have completed a first degree or higher degree at a recognized Canadian educational institution within the last four (4) years (i.e., applicants who graduated before 2017 are not eligible).
Please note that:
- Canadian students who are currently studying in or have graduated from a university in another Knox-eligible country (i.e., the United Kingdom, Australia or New Zealand) may be eligible to apply. These applications are handled on a case-by-case basis. Applicants should email email@example.com to discuss their particular circumstances before applying.
- No application will be considered from any Canadian student already studying in the United States.
- Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships are only awarded to applicants that gain admission to Harvard as full-time degree-program students. Applicants must file an ADMISSIONS APPLICATION directly with the Graduate School of their choice and they must meet the admission requirements and timetable of the School concerned. Applicants are therefore urged to begin correspondence with that School’s Admissions Office at the earliest possible date. However, applicants need not wait for a response from the Admissions Office before applying to the fellowship program.
- Applicants seeking admission to Harvard Law School should have completed their resident university education and hold a basic degree in Law before applying for an advanced degree program such as the Master of Laws (LLM).
Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships are NOT awarded for:
- Undergraduate studies
- Part-time or summer-only graduate studies
- Full-time graduate studies that require extensive fieldwork during the tenure of the fellowship
- Full-time graduate studies that are primarily focused on medical research (or any other research appointment)
- Postgraduate (i.e., postdoctoral) studies
- Executive Education programs
Universities Canada manages the application process for Canadian students on behalf of Harvard University. Application guidelines are available here.
Eligible students can prepare and submit an online application to the fellowship program by visiting Scholarship Partners Canada | Universities Canada
Online applications will be accepted between September 15, 2021, and December 7, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified by Harvard University in April 2022.
Questions about eligibility and/or the application process can be directed to:
Universities Canada / Scholarship Partners Canada
Re: Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships at Harvard University
1710-350 Albert Street
Toll free: 844-567-1237